Covid-19 – Cambee Update – 05 – 3rd July 2020
Recently we have been busy welcoming you back onsite, and it’s so great to be meeting you all and hearing about your grand plans for future camping expeditions. It’s still by appointment only though, and we have had to make a few changes to the way we do things.
If you have booked to come and see us, please read the guidelines below so you know what to expect. We’re looking forward to meeting you!
VISITING CAMBEE – SUMMARY
For the safety of our customers and staff, the following instructions must be adhered to:
– On arrival, please use the customer parking area in front of the Cambee office. Knock on the office door and a Cambee team member will greet you.
– Visits are strictly by appointment only, and are for two adults, unless agreed otherwise in advance.
– Children are not permitted onsite, the toy box is temporarily out of bounds. If it is unavoidable, your children should remain in your vehicle for the duration of your meeting.
– Face masks are to be worn by all visiting customers as of Friday 24th July. Your guide will also wear a face mask.
– Please use sanitising hand gel when you arrive. If you are unable to use sanitising gel for any reason, gloves are available onsite.
– Keep 2m apart at all times. We’re only human and sometimes people forget, but if any Cambee team member gets too closer, don’t be afraid to ask them to move back. Please don’t take offence if we ask you to do the same; we’re only thinking of everyone’s safety!
– All surfaces, materials & doors will be cleaned and sanitised in preparation for your visit. Customers have dedicated toilets which are cleaned thoroughly and regularly.
– Please listen to your guide at all times. Cambee is a fully operational workshop and there may be moving vehicles and power tools being used.
– Viewing of vans will be from the outside only. There will be a display bed available to sit or lie on, and we have examples of our hand-built units to see and try in our new mezzanine.
– All beds, units, sample books etc. are sanitised and/or quarantined after every customer visit. We will also ask you to use hand sanitiser before touching anything.
– We are unable to show you around all areas of the Cambee workshop because of the new Health & Safety measures that are in
place for our team, but our new mezzanine viewing floor will allow you to see as much as possible.
– Our Customer Showroom has been arranged to maintain 2m spacing so we can discuss costs or look at various materials & samples while you’re here. We will have a limited range of samples available to touch & feel, and further samples can be posted to you on request.
– Please use hand sanitiser again for your own protection when you leave Cambee.
Full details of these guidelines can be read here – thank you for keeping to them in advance. We hope you enjoy your visit!
Matthew and the Cambee Team
Covid-19 – Cambee Update – 04 – 18th June 2020
From Monday 22nd June and in line with new guidance, we will be able to welcome you back on site to discuss your dream camper. We’re so excited to be getting back to normal!
It’s now possible to book an onsite meeting and visit our showroom, have a face-to-face meeting and see our work in the flesh – this will be by appointment only.
We can’t wait to see you, but we have had to make a few small changes to the way we do things, and you can read about these in detail below.
VISITING CAMBEE – FULL GUIDELINES
In order to ensure the health & wellbeing of both our customers and staff, we have implemented the following instructions that must be adhered to:
If you feel that we can do anything else to make customers feel more comfortable or safe during their time with us, please let us know.
Matthew and the Cambee Team
Covid-19 – Cambee Update – 03 – 28th April 2020
On behalf of everyone at Cambee, I would first like to extend our best wishes to you and your families. We sincerely hope that you have been able to stay safe and well during these continuingly challenging times.
As I am sure every business and every person will be relieved to see, the current information being provided to us by the government appears to show a steady reduction in the daily increase of Coronavirus cases, hospital admissions and deaths. While we all remain hopeful that these figures continue to head in a downward direction, we are also all too aware of the need to ensure that social distancing measures and work restrictions remain in place for the time being.
As the initial lockdown was implemented at the end of March, Cambee assessed whether we would be able to continue trading and we communicated strict new working practices by which all team members must abide. You can see these practices in our Duty of Care Policy. We also held a video conference call for all team members to discuss this and any other concerns that arose following the lockdown announcement.
In order to comply with our policy, two members of the team were initially furloughed, with a further three office staff working from home. Since then, another member of the team was furloughed, with the first two returning to work, one of which from home.
We have managed to continue to work safely and mostly keep up with pre-existing orders, albeit with further changes to the way we are able to communicate with customers and suppliers alike. We are also able to take new orders by utilising the following:
We are taking hygiene very seriously and all workspaces, materials and customer vehicles are kept clean and disinfected. All completed orders are also subject to a full deep-clean prior to onward delivery and antibacterial & antiviral hand sanitiser is available for all team members.
Our office is being manned by one member of staff and is open Monday-Friday 9am-4.30pm and email is being followed up by the team, so please do get in touch if you have any enquiries.
We will continue to listen to government and scientific advice and will only relax the above restrictions when legally allowed to do so, and when we have assessed that it is safe for not only our team and our customers, but also for their families and other contacts.
Finally, I would like to thank all of Cambee’s existing and future customers for their understanding at this time. While we are doing our best to maintain our usual high standards of service, there may be very occasional slight delays in completing orders or responding to enquiries. Please know that we are doing our very best.
Matthew and the team.
Covid-19 – Cambee Update – 02 – 20th April 2020
I hope you and your families are well and finding some good from all this extra home time we are spending together.
It’s week four and we have found a new rhythm in the workshop, a slightly quieter one with a little less soprano singing from Monkey, but other than the 2m shuffle to let each other pass and having to invent novel ways of moving heavy objects, Cambee life has settled into a steady pace.
Although we are not taking any new day fit work into the workshop, we are still able to ship new bed and kit orders and continue with the full conversions we have booked in. By using transport companies, we are able to collect and deliver vehicles and this week we did our first virtual video handover so we could talk our customer through their pod conversion before delivery.
As always, we are keeping everyone updated with photos as conversions progress, also sending out samples where customers have choices to make.
Emma and Storm are both still working from home with Matt onsite to oversee jobs and sign off completed campers. We are also able to offer telephone and video consultations for anyone wishing to discuss a conversion.
The office phone lines are open 8.30 – 4.30 Monday to Friday where you can speak to Matt or get a call back from one of the team.
If you are sitting at home dreaming of a camper then please do get in touch. We still have availability for competed conversions in July. We can also offer some simple get going basic campers for those who would like to start on the camper journey, just get in touch and one of our staff working from home will be happy to answer any of your queries, please email, call or request a Skype call back.
We would also love to hear from you if you are already a Cambee or camper owner and have found new and novel ways of using your camper while on lockdown. Just email or get in touch via our social media channels Facebook or Instagram – where we can share you stories and add some cheer!
We can all still plan for adventures to come on the other side of this.
All the best
Matthew and the Cambee Team
Covid-19 – Cambee Update – 01
These are incredibly unsettling times for people the world over.
Given the unprecedented challenges presented by the Coronavirus situation we, like every body else, are having to change the way we work. Of course we are doing everything we can to minimise the spread of the virus as well as continuing to work within government guidelines.
Currently we are not permitting visitors to the workshop and we have implemented extensive hygiene measures for all staff across Cambee. We have also increased cleaning and disinfecting of the workspace and vans in line with government guidance.
We have implemented a work from home policy for office based staff, rotating this to ensure someone is available in the office at all times. We are also able to offer telephone and video consultations for anyone wishing to discuss a conversion.
In the meantime, look after yourselves and your communities and let’s keep inspiring each other of the adventures to come.
Thank you for your continued support
Matthew and the Cambee Team